Friday, April 4, 2008

I am such a great daughter.



My momma's birthday is this month, so of course I wanted to do something special for her. It just so happens that my momma's favorite singing group, The Gaither's, are coming to town. So- being the amazingly loving and fantastic daughter that I am- I got her two tickets (for her and dad) If you don't know about the Gaither's- they are southern gospel- and it's a long running joke (truth) that I disslike with a passion- the Gaither's. I use to tell mom's friends that when my girls come back from Nana's house- I have to deprogram them from the Gaither disease. I would joke that I play Third Day in their rooms at night to get the Gaither out.
Well anyway- guess what. Because I love my momma so much- because I am such a devoted daughter..... I'm going to Gaither. She decided this should be me and her time. Oh- I tried to get out of it. Yeah- tried to pass off my 13 year old daughter to her. Said "Oh Jordan would love to go!" Nope- she thinks it would be "so special" for us. What could I do? I accepted it. And I have to say- I am looking forward to seeing my mom enjoy herself tonight. I can't wait to see her face when she gets to praise the Lord with her favorite singers. She is going to have a blast. I'm happy to share that moment with her.

No comments: