Thursday, May 15, 2008


I am reading a beautiful book - 'Embrace Grace' by Liz Curtis Higgs. It's about accepting the forgiven life- the grace filled life that God has to offer. I ordered it in for a Women's conference we had and picked it up because the cover was pretty. The first thing I read was:

When the kindness and love
of God our Savior appeared,
He saved us,
not because of righteous things
we had done,
but because of His mercy.
Titus 3:4-5


That spoke to me on the spot. His mercy is greater than anything we have done. I know that God loves me- and I thank Him everyday for loving me. Sometimes when God does things in my life- I think-"God..... you have the wrong person- I am not great- I am a failure everyday! I don't deserve what you have done for me." But- it's not because I deserve the blessings He has bestowed upon me- it's because of His mercy- His grace. We are loved- we are forgiven.... simply by asking Him. I fight my flesh daily- but I know I can run to His word- and there I will find strength to make it through the day. How? Because...

God is our refuge
and strength,
an ever-present help
in trouble.
Psalm 46:1


No comments: