Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pets

Well- what I assumed would happen , did.
The kitties are gone.
If you are NOT a cat person....... you can't pretend to be one.
Well- at least I can't.
I really tried. For my Josie- I tried. But alas, they have gone back to the loving home from which we borrowed them. We had them for three months- and there we no joy in sweeping up the cat hair. There was no joy in my shredded shower curtain. There was no joy in the cat jumping up onto the curio case and breaking a figurine that was once my grandmothers. And that was the last straw for me. My children don't break our things- and I don't love those cats enough NOT to care.
So- bye bye.
And Josie was ok. Because really- she wants a dog. She settled for a cat. As soon as the cats were gone, she turned to me and said "I want a miniature schnauzer"


Sometimes you can't get 'generic' when only the real thing will do!!!
A dog was what they all wanted- and a cat just wouldn't do.

No comments: